The local currency in India is Indian rupee and the easiest way is to count 1USD = approximately 71.66 INR and 1 EURO = approximately 79.23 INR.
India is one of the world’s most affordable and impressive destinations. , it’s true that it is possible to live in India cheaply. Travel costs in India are some of the lowest in the world. Budget travellers flock here because they can stretch their money in unexpected ways. Cheap hotels can cost as little as a few dollars in some places and filling meals can be purchased for equally as cheap. How much money will you need in India? ₨2,093 ($29) is the average daily price for travelling in India.
Costs and prices:
- A plate of Indian food, some rice and a soft drink at an average small restaurant 250-350INR
- A plate of western-style food and a soft drink in tourist-orientated restaurant 350-550 INR
- Meal for 2 at a high-quality Indian restaurant 2000-4000INR
- Regular pizza in Italian restaurant 350-500INR
- Fish curry 200INR
- A plate of butter chicken from a restaurant will typically cost 400-550 INR. Eating non-veg from the streets is recommended unless one personally knows about the quality of the place.
- Large (630ml) beer costs 100 INR at a liquor store and double or triple that at a bar in India.
- 1 litre of bottled water from a store 10-30 INR
- For red wine price, the average bottle costs around INR 650 while a decently good bottle may cost somewhere around INR 1000-1500.
- Prices of cigarette packets (Approx 20cigarette per pack) can range anywhere from 50 INR per pack (approximately $0.9) to 3000INR or even more.